Monday, June 27, 2011

Banner Elk Vacation - Part 3

The mountains are a beautiful site to behold for me and John.  Not to mention the weather and how pleasant it is.  We visited Grandfather Mountain/  We hiked around and even went across the mile high bridge.  I said I would never do it again, back in 1977 it was a swinging would bridge.  This time we found that they had rebuilt it out of steal and stabilized it.  We worked up the nerve to do it but, it is still plenty scary to be a mile high on a two foot bridge between to mountains.  Did it and got the tee shirt but, wouldn't you know the camera battery went dead - got a post card.  I would not have been taking pictures on the bridge anyway, it was all I could do to walk it!  LOL  Mildred the bear has long since passed away but, they named a cafe after her and I fell in love with this new bear.  Love the blue look of the mountains.  Lastly we called this home for are stay in Banner Elk.

No comments: