Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My Friend Toni


My friend Toni is amazing for many reasons. One of them is she never gives you the response you might expect. Let me give you an example, she has never been {gasp, dare I say} a fan of children. She subscribed to the theory that they should be seen and not heard, that is until her grandson was born. This little boy has given her a new lease on life! She is so in love with him, it just warms my heart to see them together. He calls her Ya Ya, which Toni tells me is the Greek word for Grandmother. This is something he just started doing on his own and Toni has declared this much more acceptable than the American version. You go Ya Ya! Speaking of love, this quote pretty much sums it up. "Love is the vital essence that pervades and permeates, from the center to the circumference, the graduating circles of all thought and action. Love is the talisman of human weal and woe - the open sesame to every soul."
Elizabeth Cady Stanton

No comments: